13 March 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I've been really busy making some Party With Patrick "Luck o' The Irish" banners for two different fire departments and adding the company names at the top and locations at the bottom.  Both departments really like their banners so the projects were a success.  I'm also watching the St. Patrick's Day Parade from New Haven on the television so I can see the guys march and drive their apparatus.










I've just joined yet another online project from "soscrappy" (http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2011/03/scrap-happy-saturday.html) and I'm looking forward to taking part in the challenge my hubby gave me to shop from my stash and this looks like an awesome way of doing it; each month will be a different color to use.  Now the tricky part; what quilt blocks to make?  I'm considering Dresdan Plates.  This month's color is green which is fitting considering the holiday.

Also in progress are more hexies and some simple stitcheries, the monthly Party with Patrick club and "In Flight" BOM which are butterflies at my LQS "The Yankee Quilter".  I haven't worked on one butterfly yet so I'm three months behind but I'll catch up.

I need to get my backings in order and layer one of the quilt tops I finished in January/February and I will handquilt which will be a huge project in itself considering I have two lap dogs (each weighing in at over 69 lbs each) and an older cat all vying for my lap.

Until next time, sew on!

5 comments:

  1. Those banners are so cute!!!!!

    Quiltingly Yours
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous St. Patrick's Day banners...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! The best part is the firefighters absolutely loved them and proudly display them to visitors to their departments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your banners look great. I know the firefighters will be so proud of them.

    ReplyDelete

Card of the Day!

CotD:   6 of Wands Returning home victoriously to a celebrating crowd.   Public recognition, progress, moment of glory and self-confi...