14 February 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY Everyone!

Thank you for all compliments regarding my GFG quilt.  I think I know how I’d like to finish the edges but I’m not quite sure.  Yesterday I made a list of all my UFO’s, WIP, On-going Projects and Projects to Start and listed next to each project exactly what needs to be done. 
UFO/WIP:
1.   Dear Jane Wallhanging:  layer, quilt, bind
2.   Raw Edge Bull’s Eye Quilts (2):  layer, quilt, bind
3.   GFG:  finish up the edges, layer, quilt,bind
4.   Friendship Links:  sew side seams of blocks, assemble rows, layer, quilt, bind
5.   Cathedral Windows:  apply “windows”, assemble larger units into one lapwarmer
6.   Scrappy Delectable Mountains:  add 1 block to each row, assemble rows, layer, quilt, bind
7.   Crazy Quilt:  decorative stitching the seams, add patch embroidery, lace, ribbons, etc; attach backing, tie together

On-going:
1.   SBS (Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler) BOM at my LQS
2.   PWP (Party With Patrick) BOM at my LQS
3.   Hexies for One Flower Wednesdays
4.   Mini flying geese units/blocks (for some day)
5.   Roses of Remembrance blocks
6.   Redwork Kitchen Towels
7.   Miscellany Redwork (for some project down the line)

To Start:  (of course this number will go up before the day is over)

1.   Consider the Lilies
2.   Things We Love
3.   Henrietta Whiskers
4.   Give Thanks

I’m feeling kind of overwhelmed with all my to-do’s but also kind of liberated because now I know exactly what needs to be done.  I have no system in place so I thought that I’d break down the projects by days of the week; like on Wednesdays work on my hexies and flowers for “One Flower Wednesdays”.  I’m not much of a decision maker so I’m taking my time today to actually INK in on our calendar which projects I’ll be working on for any given day.  The quilts that need finishing I’m thinking of waiting until September due to the chilly Autumn evenings rather than quilting in the humid-filled Summer months.

Until next time, sew on and enjoy your Valentine’s Day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Your e-mail came up as no-reply, but I have you added to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for adding me; I'm trying to figure out how to fix the "no-reply". Thank you for making me aware of this.

    ReplyDelete

Open Arms

There are many ways to visit me should you feel so inclined.   I’m now accepting weekly and monthly clients as I firmly believe there...