23 January 2011

Busy Saturday!

Yesterday and last night I worked on two projects.  About three years ago I participated in a block swap from one of The Fat Cat's patterns, Raw Edge Bull's Eye (this pattern is addictive).  Yesterday morning I quartered all the blocks I received, sewed them together to form a circle then put a funky 1960's style Peace fabric, on black background, as sashing.  I thought that would work since the blocks are busy and have lots of colors in them and the black sets them off well.


I also worked on the January 2011 Party With Patrick project, "Season of Love" table topper.  I chose to use three fabrics rather than two as called for in the pattern.  The reds are two different fabrics but have the same shadings.  I think this works because the difference is very subtle.


These two projects are just tops right now.  For the Raw Edge Bull's Eye lapquilt I'm still debating if I want to quilt by hand or by machine.  The table topper just needs to be layered and I'm trying to decide on my quilting design possibilities.

Today is Sunday, a day of rest so I'm looking through my quilting magazines and when I take a break from that I'll work on the Prayer Shawl I'm making for a relative. 

Until next time, sew on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Card of the Day!

CotD:   6 of Wands Returning home victoriously to a celebrating crowd.   Public recognition, progress, moment of glory and self-confi...