08 September 2010

Progress Made

Yesterday was extremely productive in terms of housework and making meals to freeze.  I was "working" non-stop so I can spend the rest of the week basically playing with sewing.

I cut about two-hundred Batik squares for 1" hexies and basted twenty-five 2" hexies.  This morning I completed my very first EPP hexie flower in Batiks and the two hexies in the photo will be completed today.  They aren't perfect and I'm debating changing the colors to '30's repro fabrics for the 2" hexies and keeping the 1" hexies in Batiks.



I have become addicted to hexies and as a result my redwork stitchery is on the backburner for now.  I ordered a few towels, some DMC embroidery floss and iron on transfers from Grandma's Attic http://www.grandmasatticquilting.com/about two weeks ago (speedy delivery, received in three working days).  I love that website as it is like stepping back in time.  I've decided to redecorate our kitchen, which has buttery-yellow walls, with redwork and I think the colors will work out well together.

Later today I pick up my dh's quilt (110"x110") from the cleaners, it took three years to complete and sixteen hours of binding with a thirty minute break for dinner.  I will share photos once we get that baby home and on the bed again.  In the meantime please enjoy the following photos of a few of my WIP and completed projects to date:



Sylvia's Bridal Sampler
Sylvia's Bridal Sampler
Daylillies

 

Dear Jane Wallhanging
Redwork Bunnies w/button eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Card of the Day!

CotD:   6 of Wands Returning home victoriously to a celebrating crowd.   Public recognition, progress, moment of glory and self-confi...